Applying for an Exemption from the Rules made by NZTR, HRNZ and NZGRA, pursuant to section 34 of the NZ Racing Act 2003:
If you are currently excluded from entering racecourses in New Zealand, and wish to apply for an exemption from Section 34 of the NZ Racing Act 2003, please use the form attached below to file your application.
In this application you are requested to disclose details of your previous criminal convictions. To verify the accuracy of this aspect of your application you are also required to attach a copy of any previous convictions. This can be achieved by making the appropriate request to the Ministry of Justice. This requires you to visit the Ministry of Justice website and go to the services portal and follow the simple instructions.
A link to this website can be accessed here - http://www.justice.govt.nz/services
Any Exemption Applications which do not have this information attached will be returned and not considered further until this process is correctly adhered to.
Download the form and fill in the information required. Once you have completed this document, please attach the previous convictions list and post to:
Racing Integrity Unit
Private Bag 17902 Greenlane
Once the application has been received, it will be reviewed at the next Combined Codes Exemptions Committee meeting where a decision will be made. You will be informed by mail as to whether your application has been successful.
Racing Act 2003
34 Rules controlling or prohibiting admission to racecourses
1. This section applies to any racecourse on the day during which racing is being held on that racecourse, whether or not it is, or forms part of, a reserve or other place for which there exists a right of public use or entry.
2. Subject to any enactment and the general law of New Zealand, racing rules may include separate rules controlling or prohibiting the admission of persons to any racecourse used by racing clubs registered with the racing code that made the rules.
3. Rules made under this section do not come into force until they have been approved by the Minister and published in the Gazette.
4. The rules may exclude any specified class or classes of person from entering a racecourse, either absolutely or subject to any special conditions that may be set out in the rules.
5. However, subsection (4) applies only to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for the purpose of maintaining public confidence in—
a) the conduct of horse racing; and
b) the integrity of racing betting.
Section 34(5)(b): amended, on 17 May 2005, by section 4 of the Racing Amendment Act 2005 (2005 No 66).